10 units, 50 units and 192 units are currently only available via offline order:
Polymaker for Production is a product line designed for heavy 3D printing users.
We offer large spools, bulk pricing and high consistency batch to batch quality.
Matte PLA is a cost-effective PLA displaying the most important features to produce end products:
- Matte surface for a smooth high quality print finish
- Weather resistance, on par with ASA
- Chemical resistance to all main solvents
- Food safe filament as a first step to certify your final products
With all these features combined, Matte PLA is the ideal material for end use products which will be used in real world conditions: weather resistance, chemical resistance and the filament has already passed the food safety tests.
We tested the impact of accelerated weathering on the following mechanical properties:
- Tensile Strength
- Young's Modulus
- Charpy Impact Strength
Accelerated Weathering settings:
The fluorescent UV light exposure follows the standard ISO 4892.3
The type of UV light is UVA-340.
The irradiance is 0.76W/m2 at 340 nm.
The cycle is 102 min for UV only and 18 min for water spray.
The black panel temperature is 63± 3 °C
The total test time is 60days (720 cycles) equivalent to ~3+ years*
*BY MICOM LABORATORIES:
[Rule of thumb: acceleration factor was found to be: 21.5]
Reference standard: ISO 175:2010
Methods of test for the determination of the effects of immersion in liquid chemicals
- Immersion temperature: 23±2˚C
- Immersion period: 7 days
- Test the mechanical properties before and after immersion
- Resistance to the chemical: The mechanical properties* must maintain over 70% after 7 days immersion
*Tensile Strength, Young's Modulus and Charpy Impact Strength
Tested Liquid Chemicals:
- Water (pH=7) -> Result: RESISTANT
- Household cleaners (stain remover) (pH=11) -> Result: RESISTANT
- Household cleaners (sterilizer) (pH=4) -> Result: RESISTANT
- Vinegar food grade (pH=4) -> Result: RESISTANT
- Vinegar concentrate (pH=4) -> Result: RESISTANT
- 75% alcohol (pH=6) -> Result: RESISTANT
- Fertilizer nutrient solution (pH=6) -> Result: RESISTANT
Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 October 2004 - Sensorial examination odour and taste test: PASS
Test Method: With reference to DIN 10955: 2004
(EU) No 10/2011 and its amendment (EU) 2020/1245 Regulation - Specific migration of heavy metal: PASS
Test Method: With reference to EN13130-1:2004, analysis was performed by ICP-OES and ICP-MS.
2.5kg cardboard spool:
Spool Inner Hole Diameter: 55±1mm
Spool Diameter: 250±2mm
Spool Width: 107.2±2mm
Spool Weight: 370±20g
Printing Temperature: 200˚C - 230˚C
Bed Temperature: 25˚C - 60˚C
Printing Speed: 60mm/s - 150mm/s
Retraction Distance: 1mm
Retraction Speed: 20mm/s
Retraction Distance: 3mm
Retraction Speed: 40mm/s
Drying Settings: 55˚C for 6h
(Only if the material has absorbed moisture)
We recommend a hardened nozzle for heavy use.